Meeting Needs, Creating Services
Based on knowledge gained over 35 years of experience, New Day strongly believes that to be effective in positively affecting the trajectory of the lives of at-risk youth, the following needs must be met:
- Safety – Youth must have a safe foundation from which to move forward.
- Vision – Youth must have a personal dream of a future.
- Success – Youth must experience progressive success toward their dream.
- Skills – Youth must have the skills to pursue their dream.
- Adult Allies – Youth must have healthy support that will encourage them through difficult times toward a positive and self-reliant lifestyle.
New Day has created a potent set of services, specifically designed to meet these needs:
- A Safe Home for immediate refuge and an opportunity to look forward.
- A Life Skills Academy to develop the tools needed to walk the path and adults to support them.
- Equine Assisted Learning is used for Emotional Growth and Learning through activities with the horses.
- Counseling & Case Management to create a path of hope and a clear plan to walk it.
- A Detention Diversion Program to keep youth out of the juvenile justice system and on a path of health and possibility.
- A Transitional Living Program for youth ages 17-21 who need support practicing tenancy in a supportive environment.